As an empowerment fund, African Goshawk’s specific focus is on equity investments in black-owned businesses, thereby providing these businesses with the essential cash and expertise that they need to prosper. Our team brings foresight and agility to offer sustainable returns on investment whilst contributing to transformative growth
in the economy.
African Goshawk Fund is a South African Private Equity Fund structured as an En Commandite Partnership and is managed by Phoenix Empowerment Equity, a Black owned South African asset management company and financial services provider which consists of a team of dynamic financial professionals, with over 40 years of experience in the financial services industry.
By investing in the African Goshawk Fund, investors are benefitting not only from a return on their investment, but, where relevant, by earning accredited Enterprise and Supplier Development points as defined by the Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment Act and its commensurate Codes of Good Practice. Investors looking to obtain points for their Enterprise and Supplier Development spend may obtain points for up to 70% of their spend, where equity investments are allocated to 51% black-owned qualifying small enterprises.
Benefits from investing in the African Goshawk Fund:
• Access to dynamic management team
• Diversification of investment with added benefit of transformation credentials
• Cross selling and networking opportunities within the Fund
• No need for internal empowerment schemes or implementation teams
• Access to ancillary services within the Phoenix Group of Companies, such as tax,
legal and regulatory offerings
• The Fund Manager will specifically look to invest in businesses with the following criteria:
o Strong Margins
o Track record
o Cross sell opportunities
o Employment creation
o Business models with scalability
o Sound management teams
o Rapid growth opportunity.
• As a 12J company, African Goshawk 12J has been launched, which will allow 100% of company